We are happy to announce we will offer bus service to/from the Hamburg area this school year. The pick-up/drop-off point for this service will the Lowe?s in Hamburg. In order for this service to be offered, we need a minimum of eight (8) students to participate. We will continue our normal bus service to/from Lexington Catholic and Paris. If your child(ren) will ride the bus this year, please complete the Bus Registration form below.
Bus Registration Form
Bus Rules and Regulations
A $20 Annual Start-up Fee is charged per child in addition to the fees listed below
- Option #1 – Transportation to/from Lexington Catholic High School/SPPS – $60/month/child
- Option #2 – Transportation to/from Paris/SPPS – $75/month/child
- Option #3 – Transportation to/from Lexington Catholic High School/Paris – $75/month/child
- Option #4 – Transportation to/from Hamburg Lowes/SPPS – $60/month
- Option #5 – Drop-in Rate – $10/day/child
- Bus #1 Morning Route: The bus will depart Perico?s in Paris at 7:00 A.M. promptly. The bus will then go to Hamburg Lowe?s. The bus will depart Lowe?s at 7:25 A.M. promptly and then proceed to Sts. Peter & Paul School.
- Bus #2 Morning Route: The bus will depart LCHS at 7:25 A.M. and proceed directly to Sts. Peter & Paul School.
- Afternoon Route for all bus riders: The bus will depart SPPS at 3:00 P.M., arriving at LCHS by 3:15 P.M. Lowe?s at 3:40 P.M. and Perico?s in Paris at 4:05 P.M.
*These schedules were determined based on driving the route during the summer. Once school starts and the normal traffic patterns emerge the times may be adjusted.
Please contact the Short Street Campus office at 859-254-9257 if you have any questions.
The office is open over the summer months Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. We will be closed on Tuesday, July 4th. “Kids Mail” will be sent to families on the 15th and 30th of July. We will resume weekly publication of Kids Mail on August 10.
As is tradition at SPPS, the last few days of school are Out of Uniform Days. Students must adhere to the Out of Uniform policy in the Student Handbook. Shorts must reach at least 3″ above the knee. No leggings. No bare shoulders or midriffs.
- Monday, May 22 – Mixed-up sock Monday – students can wear whatever color/pattern socks they want to school this day with their regular uniform. This is not an “Out of Uniform Day” – just free choice of socks.
- Tuesday, May 23 – SPPS Spirit Day. Students can wear any SPPS shirt with shorts or jeans. 8th grade students have the option of wearing a T-shirt from their new high school.
- Wednesday, May 24 – Students in Kindergarten – 7th grade are to wear “dressy attire” for Mass.
The SPPS Healthy Living Expo will be on Friday, March 31. Health professionals from our school and the community will be speaking to students about different health related topics. There will be displays in the theater about nutrition, infectious disease, safety, dental health, tobacco use & more. Extreme Fitness will be here to do a special training activity in the gym. It will be an exciting & fun day for learning about keeping our bodies (temples of the Holy Spirit) healthy! If you would like to be a presenter at the Health and Wellness Fair, please contact Mrs. Schenck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy Living Expo volunteer sign-ups
I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and you are ready for a great new year! At SPPS, we take bullying very seriously and I am happy to say that our students are very good about reporting problems they see. However, to be sure we encourage reporting ongoing bullying issues, we will be using a new online reporting system called Sprigeo. Students will be able to report incidents online from their phone, computer, tablet, etc. This system includes a parent education module that I think would be very helpful in determining the difference between bad behavior and bullying behavior. Please take some time to review the module and talk with your children about the system and how it should be used appropriately. A link to the reporting side of the system will be posted on the SPPS website and the parent information can be viewed here: http://parents.sprigeo.com/
We are so lucky to have your children at SPPS and appreciate the support from the families to keep everyone safe and sound while on campus. Thanks for being our partners.
Jamie Burch – principal
Report an incident
SPPS Cross Country schedule is available for students in 3rd -8th grade – (Basic timed running). Students do not have to attend all practices/meets to participate
Cost $40 +$12 if you want a new T shirt
Cross Country Schedule