Students will enter the school wearing a mask/face covering through their assigned door. For families with more than one student, please enter the door assigned to the youngest student. Hand sanitizer will be at the entrance of each classroom and students will use it upon entering and leaving the classroom throughout the day.
- Main carline/entrance – PreK4, Kindergarten, 4th and 5th grade students
- Saunier carline/entrance – 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade students
- Short Street carline/entrance – MS students
Student drop off begins at 7:25 AM. If you arrive before this time you will be asked to stay in the car with your child until the school doors open. If the need arises for you to enter the school with your child, please park in the visitor spaces (located directly behind the church). PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF YOUR CHILD PRIOR TO 7:25 AM UNLESS THEY ARE REGISTERED FOR AND ATTENDING EARLY CARE. Preschool students must arrive by 8:00 am. Kindergarten-8th grade students must arrive by 7:50.
PreK4, Kindergarten, 4th and 5th grade
- Enter SPPS from the Second Street driveway entrance (past the fourth house on the left). Please do NOT enter the parking lot from Saunier St.
- Proceed across the parking lot to the lane closest to the school/church. Student drop off begins at the edge of the sidewalk in the RIGHT LANE ONLY. Please pull all the way down to the end if there are no cars in front of you.
- To exit the school parking lot, you will need to turn left onto Saunier as there will be cars dropping students off on Saunier. Turning right will put you into that car line and delay you as well as the students exiting their cars on Saunier.
- If your child is unable to unbuckle unassisted you will need to pull into the visitor parking lot, park, and help them unbuckle.
1st, 2nd, 3rd Grade
- Turn onto Saunier from 2nd Street
- Watch for directions from the duty teacher when you can pull forward to drop off your child. Children must be ready to exit the vehicle when you pull forward.
- After your child exits the car, you will pull forward to exit onto Short Street
6th, 7th, 8th grade
Students will be dropped off at the front of the school on Short Street.
** The bus will drop off students in the parking lot and students will be escorted by a teacher to the school entrance.
SCHOOL CAR TAG MUST BE VISIBLE IN FRONT WINDOW – WITHOUT A TAG YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PARK AND SHOW IDENTIFICATION IN THE SCHOOL OFFICE.
Each family is issued two (2) car tags. We ask that you keep this car tag for the entire time is at SPPS. Should you lose your car tag and require a replacement a $5.00 replacement fee will be charged.
- Enter SPPS from the Second Street driveway entrance (past the fourth house on the left).
- The dismissal line will spit in two at the street light in front of Ave Maria. Starting Monday, August 20, 2018, as you exit the parking lot, cars in the right line must turn right onto Saunier Street. Cars in the left lane must turn left onto Saunier Street.
- Student pick up begins at edge of sidewalk in both lanes.
- Duty teacher will release lanes of traffic after all cars in your lane are loaded. (If all other cars in your lane are loaded and you do not have your child, you will be asked to circle the block.)
- Middle school students that do not have younger siblings (grades preschool-5) may exit through the front doors on Short Street and be picked up there. After 3:15, any student that is not picked up will be escorted to aftercare and the drop-in fee will be charged.
Students riding the bus shall report to a supervised area until dismissed to the bus.
Only middle school students that are walkers will exit the building through the front doors on Short Street. All elementary age students must exit the building through the doors next to the office.
Change in Dismissal Plans
If you need to make a change to your dismissal plan for the day, please call the office at 859-254-9257 by 2:35 PM. Please do not text or email office personnel or teachers. There are times we are in meetings and will miss the texts or emails.
These policies are in place for the safety of all. Thank you so much for keeping our students and staff safe and sound.