Students will enter the school wearing a mask/face covering through their assigned door. For families with more than one student, please enter in the door assigned to the youngest student. Students will have their temperature taken by a staff member prior to entering the school building. While waiting for their temperature to be taken, students will stand on designated areas that allow for 6 feet between students. Students who do not have a temperature will enter the building, use hand sanitizer and head directly to their classrooms. Students who have a temperature of 100.4 or above will be quarantined in the conference room until a parent can pick them up. Students will not use lockers or congregate in the hallways. All student materials will need to be in their classroom. Hand sanitizer will be at the entrance of each classroom and students will use it upon entering and leaving the classroom throughout the day.
- Main carline/entrance – Kindergarten, 4th and 5th grade students
- Saunier carline/entrance – 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade students
- Short Street carline/entrance – MS students
Student drop off begins at 7:25 AM. If you arrive before this time you will be asked to stay in the car with your child until the school doors open. If the need arises for you to enter the school with your child, please park in the visitor spaces (located directly behind the church).
PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF YOUR CHILD PRIOR TO 7:25 AM UNLESS THEY ARE REGISTERED FOR AND ATTENDING EARLY CARE.
Kindergarten, 4th and 5th grade
- Enter SPPS from the Second Street driveway entrance (past the fourth house on the left). Please do NOT enter the parking lot from Saunier St.
- Proceed across the parking lot to the lane closest to the school/church. Student drop off begins at the edge of the sidewalk in the RIGHT LANE ONLY.
- To exit the school parking lot, you will need to turn left onto Saunier as there will be cars dropping students off on Saunier. Turning right will put you into that car line and delay you as well as the students exiting their cars on Saunier.
1st, 2nd, 3rd Grade
- Turn onto Saunier from 2nd Street
- Watch for directions from the duty teacher when you can pull forward to drop off your child. Children must be ready to exit the vehicle when you pull forward.
- After your child exits the car, you will pull forward to exit onto Short Street
6th, 7th, 8th grade
Students will be dropped off at the front of the school on Short Street.
As you pull out of the lot, say a little prayer of thanks to God for our wonderful school, and have a great day knowing that your child is in good hands!
** The bus will drop off students in the parking lot and students will be escorted by Duty teacher to the school entrance.
7:00 AM Prepaid Early Morning Arrival
Students registered for the Early Care program are to enter through the center doors next to the front office. The Early Care teacher will supervise the children in the cafeteria until they are dismissed to go to their homeroom.
SCHOOL CAR TAG MUST BE VISIBLE IN FRONT WINDOW – WITHOUT A TAG YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PARK AND SHOW IDENTIFICATION IN THE SCHOOL OFFICE.
Each family is issued two (2) car tags. We ask that you keep this car tag for the entire time is at SPPS. Should you lose your car tag and require a replacement a $5.00 replacement fee will be charged.
- Enter SPPS from the Second Street driveway entrance (past the fourth house on the left).
- The dismissal line will spit in two at the street light in front of Ave Maria. Starting Monday, August 20, 2018, as you exit the parking lot, cars in the right line must turn right onto Saunier Street. Cars in the left lane must turn left onto Saunier Street.
- Student pick up begins at edge of sidewalk in both lanes.
- Duty teacher will release lanes of traffic after all cars in your lane are loaded. (If all other cars in your lane are loaded and you do not have your child, you will be asked to circle the block.)
Students riding the bus shall report to a supervised area until dismissed to the bus.
Only middle school students that are walkers will exit the building through the front doors on Short Street. All elementary age students must exit the building through the doors next to the office.
Change in Dismissal Plans
If you need to make a change to your dismissal plan for the day, please call the office at 859-254-9257 by 2:35 PM. Please do not text or email office personnel or teachers. There are times we are in meetings and will miss the texts or emails.
These policies are in place for the safety of all. Thank you so much for keeping our students and staff safe and sound.