Sts. Peter & Paul Regional Catholic School is carefully monitoring the current and most relevant information related to the spread of the coronavirus in the US and Kentucky through the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Lexington Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD). We have been in contact with LFCHD to ensure we are following all recommended protocols at this stage, per their guidelines, and we will continue to use them as an important resource as the situation changes. Our first priority is always the health and safety of our community and, as new information about the coronavirus is made available on an almost hourly basis, we are emphasizing a calm and steady approach to response planning.
Below you will find the latest updates, as well as some helpful resources.
- COVID 19 and Kids – Information for Families
- COVID 19 School Procedures (Updated 9/4/2020) Formally called “Reopening Plan”
- 2020-2021 Diocesan School Plan
- August 11, 2020 Diocesan School Council Letter
- August 12, 2020 Superintendent of Catholic Schools letter
- Letter from the Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- Back to School protocols video
- Virtual Learning Plan
- 2020-2021 Student Handbook
Talking to your child about Coronavirus
- NPR Comic for Exploring The New Coronavirus with Kids
- 5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety About the Coronavirus (NYT)
- Talking to Teens and Tweens about Coronavirus (NYT)
- “Coronavirus, Wildfires, Oh My: What to Say to a Child Who’s Scared By the News“ by Steve Calechman
- American Academy of Pediatrics – Caring for the health of your family and talking to kids about the virus.
- Collaborative for Social and Emotional Learning’s Guidelines for Parents and Caregivers provides short family tips for supporting your kids during COVID-19.