SPPS takes the welfare and safety of all students and staff members very seriously. Every reasonable measure has been taken to ensure that SPPS is a safe and secure place to learn and work.
- Cameras located throughout the school facilities at both the Short Street Campus and the Early Childhood Campus
- Electronic key-fob entry at both campuses
- Screening of visitors through a check in system
- Comprehensive background checks on all faculty, staff and subcontractors, and parents who wish to volunteer at the school
- Safe Environment training through CMG Connect required of all faculty, staff, and parents.*
- Comprehensive crisis management and emergency preparedness plan
- Emergency preparedness training of all faculty and staff including anaphylaxis, CPR, and First Aid certification
*The Safe Environment program governed by the United Council of Catholic Bishops includes:
- A code of conduct for clergy and for any other paid personnel and volunteers in positions of trust who have regular contact with children and young people.
- Training for all adults who work with children that consists of:
- Signs an adult may see in a child who is abused
- Signs an adult may see in a person who abuses children
- What actions an adult should take when they believe child abuse of any kind may be occurring