We are so excited for the 2019-2020 school year. We have expanded the PTO to include a board, committee chairs, and we always welcoming new volunteers. We can’t exist without YOU!
Our focus this year is twofold:
- Continue to show appreciation for SPPS teachers and staff. SPPS would not be the fantastic institution without our incredible and dedicated team of teachers and staff. How can we ever thank them enough?!?
- Build an even stronger family community. We are so blessed to have each and every family here at SPPS. We want to create more opportunities to get to know one another and have FUN!
We would love to have you be a part of PTO – in any capacity: Attend meetings, volunteer at events, send us ideas, or donate items… we have positions and tasks to fit all schedules and interest! If you want to get involved or have ideas – reach out to our Family Engagement Chair – Emily Mistretta at PTO@SPPSLEX.org.
- September 21st 4-8pm – Family Dine Night at Chipotle @ Richmond Rd
- October 15 @ 6pm – Yoga at SPPS Theater (BYOB + BOY Mat!)
- October 27th, 4-8pm – Family Dine Night at Cane’s @ 544 S. Upper
- November 10 @ 5pm – PTO Social Meeting at Eppings (RSVP to PTO@SPPSLex.org)
- November 15th, 6-8pm Family Shopping Night at Kendra Scott @ the Summit
The purpose of the PTO is:
· To promote the welfare and development of children and youth in school, home, church, and community.
· To encourage an active interest in and support for education at SPPS.
· To encourage active parental involvement so that home and school may cooperate in the education of students.
· To promote positive social interaction within the school community.
This shall be accomplished by providing moral, logistical, and financial support to the school community and by
providing educational opportunities for the parents.